Better understand HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis and equip yourself to provide health education in these areas.In this POLHN self-paced program, you will learn the cultural and community standards as well as the science of diseases and the importance of prevention. This course begins with general information about the diseases and their symptoms and risk factors. Next, you will study prevention and treatment. Finally, resources and communication skills are discussed, in order to help you deliver an educational message about health.
What will you learn?
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Cite the symptoms and risk factors associated with HIV/AIDS and TB;
- Understand how these diseases are spread and the primary prevention steps to avoid becoming infected;
- Understand the importance of maintaining and strengthening immunity among people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Promote treatment for TB; and
- Deliver informed and effective health promoting presentations.