Gain the knowledge to promote a healthy diet based on low sodium intake.
In this POLHN self-paced program, you will learn about the risks associated with high salt intake, and why it's important to promote a healthy, low sodium diet.
This course begins with the benefits of maintaining a healthy diet and the importance of salt reduction. Then students will learn recommendations regarding how to reduce salt intake and finally how to promote a healthy diet.
What will you learn?
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the key risks associated with high salt intake;
- Identify the major sources of salt in the diet;
- Identify diets with excessive amounts of salt;
- Understand ow to reduce salt consumption at home; and
- Provide a supportive environment for children to help them reduce their salt intake
"Salt Reduction" is currently under development and is not yet accessible. The complete course will be available online soon.