Gain the knowledge to promote a nutritious and healthy diet.
In this POLHN self-paced program, you will learn the risks associated with malnutrition, as well as why and how to encourage healthy eating within the community.
This course begins with the benefits of maintaining a healthy diet and how this can be achieved. Finally, using relevant examples, you will be taught how to promote a healthy diet, and why this is so important.
What will you learn?
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement key approaches to improving dietary intake;
- Encourage the improvement of fruit and vegetable intake;
- Identify the amount of energy intake necessary for weight reduction;
- Understand the benefits of low salt consumption; and
- Promote a healthy diet within their community.
- Understand the key aspects to a healthy diet, including micronutrients and macronutrients;
"Healthy Diet" is currently under development and is not yet accessible. The complete course will be available online soon.